Monday, June 22, 2009

UFPE - comic progress

Today I worked and worked and erased and scribbled and typed and made shocking, wild progress to... page 2! Yes the Book of Might Have Beens is slouching along. I'm trying to be conscious of varying the layout without being obnoxious about it, in addition to keeping the story progressing at a nice clip and preventing the narrative + story-within-narrative + flashbacks from becoming too confusing.

I only had a panel and a half to draw, but then I had to write up the script for the whole thing, and my head is starting to protest all that typing.

Because I don't remember where I left off last time and because my head continues to protest, I'll just share the final caption of this very complicated page: "He must have been a child, even by human reckoning, yet his tale was as old as my race." I'm not entirely happy with that line, but it does sound like something young!MMC would say. I'll sleep on it.

1 comment:

  1. Roxor.

    I'm feeling impatient to see how uberly this looks. :)

    ReplyDelete