Monday, August 31, 2009

Ideas - Short Stories

The flaying tonight was quite encouraging, on the whole, and my success with them as opposed to longer projects has me wanting to write more of them. Now, the hallmark of this blog so far has been "I plan to do X" and never actually finishing X--but I realize, only where long projects are concerned! So that settles that, whatever exactly that is.

--The UFPE requires short stories, namely Magely and Elvely ones. Ayrisella's history is much less interesting. I could also do some Might Have Been shorts with specific scenes I've had in mind for as long as I've thought about the MHB.

--More Archon-verse stories, as I've dubbed them. Jemma's advisor needs a story; he's being held at (probably metaphorical) gunpoint when he calls Elorna to cancel their meeting, and she has no idea of this. And I think Agent Glebick needs one too, as she continues the investigation. Of course, the Bad Guys need one too! I'd like to do a week's worth of stories which, considering the average length so far, would make it a novella.

--I have one line repeating in my head that could develop into something, "news that didn't really happened," along the lines of reality disintegrating, not your run of the mill fake news (I'm not naming names, but...). I feel there may be a way to tie this into Archon-verse, but I don't want to push it.

--Over IM just now, I had an idea. Sadly, I find writing comedy very difficult, but I could try a page or two. It would be a comedy romance (romantic comedy?) about a relationship wherein one of the parties (beknownst to both) is planning to kill and consume the other after they, um, consummate the relationship. I feel bad puns would abound in the most glorious way possible. If it worked, it would definitely be the strangest thing I've ever written... well, depending on one's calculus.

I'm debating as to whether I should set a concrete goal for myself - one a month? I'll think about it further.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm!

    -The Mages are nifty, but I don't think I know way many details about the elves. But the shadow men. Hmm.

    -Metaphorical gunpoint /and/ real gunpoint? Perhaps the advisor's straining against his blackmail? This becomes uber niftier as you're building it. \m/ Glebick.

    -Have the 'news that didn't happen' ponder further. I have the strange feeling that might potentially build a world itself. Maybe part of Archon, but that's building itself.

    -Mmmm, puns. Write write!

    ReplyDelete